My children have inspired me so much–they have adopted days or partial days for the past 5 years, and each one of them were unique and inspiring.
I wanted to share my experience with adopting a day to pray and I hope that this inspires you to do the same.
My kids started an organization called Fun, Fellowship and Service which includes many kids from our church. They decided to try to get at least two people praying every hour during one day of the vigil. This is what they did:
- Chose a day that seemed to be convenient for the group
- Made copies of the peace agreement that everyone needs to sign
- Made a sign up sheet for the various times that were available
- About a month before the day, they started asking people at church to sign up–both by making announcements and by asking people personally.
- Made a Facebook event which helped get other people in our network involved
View original post 212 more words